Toronto Lit Up
About the Programme
Meet local authors and join them in celebrating the launch of new books! The Toronto International Festival of Authors has partnered with the Toronto Arts Council (TAC) on Toronto Lit Up: a multi-year initiative designed to spotlight local writers and empower them with career-building opportunities.
Toronto Lit Up book launches are open to the public and free to attend. They take place throughout the year at Harbourfront Centre and other venues across the city.
Meet the Selection Committee
The committee, made up of Ayesha Chatterjee (past president, League of Canadian Poets), Alison Jones (Quill and Quire) and Hazel Millar (Literary Press Group) will adjudicate all selections.
The current submission period is now CLOSED.
The next submission window will open on August 1, 2020
Toronto Lit Up will feature works from multiple genres, including fiction, non-fiction, poetry, prose, short story, graphic novels as well as cookbooks, gardening books, sports-related stories, satire and many more. Publishers may submit more than one author for committee consideration for this program. All programmes funded by the Toronto Arts Council are designed to represent the residents of the City of Toronto and its equity priority groups, which include those who identify as persons of colour, deaf persons, persons with disabilities and persons living with mental illness, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQIAP, as well as other historically under-served writers. Self-published authors who identify with one or more of these groups and are members of The Writers Union of Canada are also welcome to apply.
All authors must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of the city of Toronto, living in the city for at least 8 months of the year.
- Must also have been a Toronto resident for at least 1 year prior to the launch date.
- The book publication date must be within 3 months of the anticipated launch event date
How to Submit
- Complete the online submission form at FestivalofAuthors.ca/TorontoLitUp.
- Mail an ARC/galley/manuscript of the book to TIFA at 235 Queens Quay W, Toronto, ON M5J 2G8 OR email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
What to include with your submission?
- Author name and bio
- Title of the book and genre
- Book summary or synopsis
- Publication date
- Anticipated event details, including the type of event, venue, possible dates and time
Email TorontoLitUp@festivalofauthors.ca or call 416-973-4761 between 9-5pm Mondays to Fridays.
Click here for a printer friendly version of the submissions info.