Good writing knows no boundaries.
Since 2008, the International Visitors (IV) Programme has generated exposure for the Canadian publishing industry and strengthened links with its international counterparts. The IV Programme’s aim is to increase visibility and marketability of Canadian literature abroad as well as facilitate cultural dialogue between international publishing industry professionals.
The IV Programme welcomes a select group of international publishing leaders to Canada. Modelled on similar successful programmes in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Israel, Japan, New Zealand and the UK, the IV Programme connects influential foreign publishing professionals with Canadian authors, agents, editors and publishers, and even the broader reading public. The Programme also operates as an informal rights fair, providing Canadian authors, publishers and agents an unprecedented opportunity in securing international rights and distribution deals.
The IV Programme centres around the annual Toronto International Festival of Authors (TIFA) taking place every October. International participants benefit from networking at one of the most influential literature Festivals in the world and are exposed to the Canadian book world at its celebratory best at a time when many of our nation’s finest talents are gathered in one city.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The 13th edition of the IV Programme is taking place during the 41st edition the Toronto International Festival of Authors (October 22–November 1, 2020). Meet the 2020 participants:
Eloise Millar, co-founder, Galley Beggar Press (U.K.)
Florence Bisch, international and domestic rights director, Groupe Homme (French Canadian)
Canadian Editorial Fellowship
International Visitors (IV) Programme Committee
- Iris Tupholme (Chair), Senior Vice President and Executive Publisher, HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.
- Jamaal Azeez, Events Coordinator, Toronto International Festival of Authors
- Jennifer Ball, Events Coordinator, Toronto International Festival of Authors
- Erin Balser, Producer, CBC Books
- Emily Ferko, Sales and Rights Director, ECW Press
- Gillian Fizet, Executive Director, Canada FBM2020
- Carolyn Forde, Senior Agent, Transatlantic Agency
- Scott Fraser, President/Publisher, Dundurn Press
- Maria Golikova, Managing Editor, House of Anansi Press
- Hazel Millar, Co-publisher, Book*Hug Press
- Jay MillAr, Co-publisher, Book*Hug Press
- Christine Saratsiotis, Deputy Director, Toronto International Festival of Authors
- Deborah Sun de la Cruz, Assistant Editor, Penguin Random House Canada
- Samantha Swenson, Editor, Penguin Random House Canada Young Readers
- Sarah St. Pierre, Senior Editor, Simon and Schuster
- Synora Van Drine, Sales Manager, Portage & Main Press
- Dan Wells, Publisher, Biblioasis
The IV Programme is gratefully supported by: