The Toronto International Festival of Authors has connected authors and book lovers for over 40 years. As a registered Canadian charity, we rely on the generosity of people like you to keep doing what we do.
We believe that meaningful storytelling has the power to:
- Change the way we see and think about the world around us;
- Bridge gaps to mutual-understanding between diverse people, generations and cultures;
- Facilitate free speech and thought-expression; and
- Preserve and share information, histories and heritage;
Your support enables us to keep advancing the powers of literature by:
- Keeping programmes free;
- Empowering local and emerging authors with career-building opportunities;
- Helping Canadians discover new international and debut writers;
- Bringing together curious readers to meet, hear and learn from the best thinkers and storytellers of our time.
Become a Friend, Patron or Patron+
Join a growing community of curious readers who believe in the transformational power of words and ideas. Your annual support as a Friend, Patron or Patron+ will help TIFA fulfil its mission, while also unlocking a list of personal benefits for you to enjoy.
Make a one-time gift to support TIFA and we’ll put it to use where it’s needed most! Gifts of all levels are welcome. Tax receipts are issued for all donations $20 CAD or more.
A gift to TIFA in your will can help transform the way people engage with words and ideas for generations to come. This legacy gift can provide you with immediate or deferred tax benefits, customized to suit your personal goals, all once your own needs and those of your loved ones have been met.