Forest of Reading® Festival of Trees™
About the Programme
For programming information, please visit forestfestivaloftrees.ca.
The Ontario Library Association’s (OLA) Forest of Reading® and the Festival of Trees™ is Canada’s largest literary event for young readers. Every year, more than 270,000 Ontario children read and vote for their favourite book in eight age-specific award categories. Information about each award can be found here. View the full list of 2019 nominees here.
The winning titles are announced over a three-day awards festival, complete with live entertainment, a French-language programme and interactive workshops with the nominated authors and illustrators. The event is open to the public, and more than 10,000 students attend.
The Toronto International Festival of Authors is proud to co-present the Festival at Toronto's Harbourfront Centre. Tickets are $15.50 each
Activities for Young Bookworms
- Attend energetic award ceremonies for the Forest of Reading®
- Get involved in author/illustrator workshops
- Have authors and Illustrators sign their favourite Forest books
- Take part in exciting activities and games
- Get excited for roving entertainment and vendors
- Win free prizes and books!
- Meet fellow young readers!
- Buy Forest of Reading® books and merchandise
Day One will take place on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, and will feature award ceremonies for the White Pine, Red Maple Fiction, Red Maple Non-Fiction and Blue Spruce awards.
Day Two will take place on Wednesday, May 15, 2019, and will feature award ceremonies for the Silver Birch Non-Fiction, Silver Birch Fiction and Silver Birch Express awards.
Day Three will take place on Thursday, May 16, 2019, and will feature award ceremonies for Le Prix Tamarac, Le Prix Tamarac Express and Le Prix Peuplier.
The Festival of Trees is an initiative of: