Getting to Harbourfront Centre
Most events presented by the Toronto International Festival of Authors take place at Harbourfront Centre (235 Queens Quay West, Toronto, Ontario), with additional events held at various other locations. Please check your event ticket to confirm the location of your event.
From Union Station, head south on York Street to Queens Quay West.
Board the 509 or 510 streetcar from Union Station, Exhibition Place or Spadina Avenue. Exit at the Harbourfront stop.
The Toronto International Festival of Authors is committed to providing a welcoming and accessible experience that enables all literature lovers to join the conversation. In accordance with the AODA Customer Service Standard, Harbourfront Centre has documented a series of policies and procedures pertaining to accessibility.
Harbourfront Centre Main Building (Bill Boyle Artport)
235 Queens Quay West, Toronto
Includes Artport Gallery, Brigantine Room, Craft & Design Studio, Lakeside Terrace, Lofts, Marilyn Brewer Community Space, Miss Lou’s Room and Studio Theatre.
Distance to Fleck Dance Theatre from Main Building: 230 m
All venues in the Main Building are wheelchair accessible.
- Ramp access to the Main Building at the north east side entrance and at the south west entrance.
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms can be found indoors in both the north and south hallways through the Craft corridor and the West Arcade, and outdoors just below the west end of the World Cafe. Entry to these three restrooms is not power-assisted.
- Elevators have button commands in Braille.
The ramp to the Brigantine Room and Marilyn Brewer Community Space is very steep.
Wheelchair access to the Studio Theatre requires consultation with Harbourfront Centre staff; please identify yourself to the usher or Information Desk. This theatre can only accommodate one large or two small wheelchairs.
Fleck Dance Theatre
Queens Quay Terminal, 3rd Floor
207 Queens Quay West, Toronto
Distance to Harbourfront Centre Main Building (Bill Boyle Artport) from Fleck Dance Theatre: 230 m
- Wheelchair accessible on the main floor.
- Elevator access to the theatre's box office and entrance is available from the main floor at the south end of the Main Building, directly opposite the Vita Plus shop.
- Wheelchair seating can be accommodated with advance booking through the box office. Seating may vary according to the configuration of the house.
- Infrared hearing devices are available. Please notify front of house staff at the time of entry to arrange device pick-up prior to the performance.
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms with power assisted entry are present.
- Please note that there are no elevators inside the theatre.
For additional information and contact details regarding accessibility at Harbourfront Centre, click here.